Monday, June 05, 2006

A-Knitting we will go..........

For those of you into Shetland Lace Knitting, this is a blurry picture of a swatch I did from Sharon Miller's "Heirloom Knitting," page 215: the fine framed shawl. This is knit with Henry's Attic Pony 2-ply on US #2's. Nice, but too heavy looking and filled in. I wanted something looser in the fabric. Next swatch to knit is some Moriah 2-ply , about half the weight of the Pony. If that doesn't work, I have some 30/2 tencel/silk that wraps out at about 55wpi. I originally wanted to knit this on US size 2's, so that I could get the hang of it. Then acquire a Princess or Wedding Ring or whatever is in the works at Heirloom Knitting for the "masterpiece", if ya know what I mean?!?! This is for the summer and fall BIG project, and I can use the 1/2 Frostflowers and Leaves edging as the mindless (HA!) no-brainer when the shetland gets to be too much.

Not to mention the three pair of socks on the needles. It seems that I am on a roll, sort of. Since school ended I have started three pair of socks and gotten all the way to the ribbing - I do toe-up. Then I got disgusted with all three pair and promptly frogged them, all on the same day. Last week, I restarted the same three frogged pair, and now have three pair somewhere towards the middle of completion- up near the ribbing and/or the legs-socks. Get this, I want to frog them all, AGAIN! I'm not happy with the patterns, again! The thing of it is, these are patterns that I've had on the to-do list for ages. Go figure..............

Does this mean I how have six pair of socks????????

No comments: