These are the socks and goodies that I am mailing to my Sockapalooza Pal today. The socks are 'Rolling Thunder' from Knitty, Winter'06 knit in Panda Wool Basil Curry color; a journal and pen; stitch markers sized for knitting socks made of red agate and silver; and 4 oz of hand dyed Blue Face Leicester, that I dyed my self using acid dyes at a dying afternoon hosted by a lady in the spinning guild last month. The fleece was dyed dry, because I wanted large amounts of white to be mixed with the color and I didn't want the colors to blend too much. Red, green and yellow where primary dyes, while the purple was a secondary dye. My sockpal is Amanda at www craftymands at wordpress dot com.
As for the end of the Tour de Fleece, I bombed big time on the participation quotient. Although, I did get back into a creative frame of mind because of it. Here's the update:
- on the 26th/thursday, I had a quilt meeting of my small neighborhood group, so finished some projects and worked on the round robins going around.
- on the 27th/friday, went to the American Sewing Guild Convention in Sacramento. I'm not a member, but I went to the vendors hall and did some window shopping and fondled the merchandise. Found some really nice-and expensive-stuff to drool over and some ideas to ponder.
- on the 28th/saturday, played teamster and mover and helped 2 of the shepherdess ladies in the spinning guild transport and set up/take down their whares at the Dixon Lambtown Festival here in California.
- on the 29th/sunday, hid in the closet, the darkest room in the house with a major migrain, even after taking rescue medication, it was bad, sick bad. I'll say no more.
- on monday, recovered from sunday. on tuesday, sent out more job applications. on wednesday, loafed around the house, and today, mailed the sokpal stuff. I guess I can add these to the summer adventures of 'off for the summer from school stay-at-home-mom'. HAH!